What the heck is a person supposed to eat for breakfast when they are reactive to everything? This question has been running through my head more than I would like the past few weeks as I have made the Paleo switch. ”Paleo” is easy I think at least if you can have nuts and eggs. But what if you can’t? If you have a leaky gut as whacked out as mine you might find that you react to everything but the kitchen sink.
So what does that mean? I have had to get REALLY creative with Meat, Fruits and Veggies. Variety is the spice of life. I will someone manage to get some variety in my diet despite the current restrictions.
A few days ago I posted a recipe for Butternut Squash Hashed Browns. I make those usually once a week. Today I’m exciting to share a recipe that has been added to the rotation.
Remember Oatmeal? Remember how thick and filling it was? I started my mornings with oatmeal for many years. It was great because it made me feel full for hours. Eating meat and veggies- doesn’t seem to do that.
This Breakfast Porridge does! AND its really easy to make.
- 1 cooked and cleaned out Acorn Squash (any other squash variety should work great too!)
- 1 cup Heavy Coconut Milk (from a can is best)
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (If you don’t like or want the texture of the flakes run them through a coffee grinder briefly- they act as the thickener for this recipe).
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 Tsp. powdered Ginger (or fresh), 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt (to taste)
- Stevia (to taste ) Any other Sugar will work great here- Maple Syrup would be ideal!
Hope you find this Porridge as comforting as I do!
What do you eat for breakfast?