Every day, I receive emails, and facebook messages with baking substitution questions. With the explosion of food intolerance and allergies- I have found that no two of us have the same exact dietary needs. One of the best things we can each do is spend a little time learning how to bake with the ingredients we can use.
Roughly one year ago Iris Higgins and I began a huge project to write two cookbooks that details how to use and exchange 12 different Gluten Free Flours, How to replace Dairy, Corn, Soy, Eggs and Refined Sugar . We wanted to make life easier on each of you. We made many of our recipes upwards to 50 times with different flours, with different ingredients to replace all of the common allergens. We took notes and studied intensely what happened each time we made a change to a recipe. We did it all so that we could fill the pages of our books with useful information that would save home bakers times and money. Gluten free baking can be an absolute joy- its just a matter of knowing where to begin.
In this weeks podcast Iris and explain for 40 minutes how to make substitutions! We Discuss:
- How to Substitute Liquid Sugar For Granulated, and how to exchange any granulated for granulated.
- Tips for Baking with Stevia
- How to replace dairy in any recipe.
- Our favorite flour combinations. (With and without grains)
- The flours we love using to make cake!
- We discussed how to exchange flours (Grain and Grain Free)
- How to bake without Eggs!
If you have any more questions, most likely the answers can be found without our Books- The Essential Gluten Free Baking Guides Part 1 and Part 2.
Today to gift you with more knowledge I’m giving away a signed copy of both the Essential Gluten Free Baking Guide Part 1 and The Essential Gluten Free Baking Guide Part 2. Each book highlights how to use 6 different flours, and includes 50 + recipes. For more information read here.
To Enter to win please do one or up to all 6 of the following:
- Leave a comment letting me know which book you would like to win. (Part 1 or Part 2) and what your favorite flours are to bake with.
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page.
- Tweet about this giveaway (please include my twitter address @realsustenance)
- Pin this giveaway (on pinterest).
- Subscribe by Email or RSS to this website. (Can be done on the right hand panel)
- Listen to the podcast and let me know if you found it helpful or if you have additional questions.