Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Corn Free A Flavorful Easy to make Fall Dish.
- Ready Time :
- 2 cups Chopped Butternut Squash (or Other Squash of choice)
- 1 cup Risotto Rice
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 cup White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon tsp. Better than Bouillon Chicken Stock (optional) (or Use Coconut Oil for corn free)
- 3 1/2-4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 thick slices of Organic Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil For roasting squash
This Meal Is an Easy One- that is delightfully flavorful and comforting- The Roasted Butternut Squash just puts it over the top.
- Chop the Butternut Squash (or any other variety of squash) Place on rimmed Cookies Sheet. Drizzle with Oil, and a pinch of Salt and pepper. Roast at 450 for 30-45 minutes. Turn the squash once or twice to assure all sides are cooked.
- Meanwhile- Chop up the bacon and Onion. Place both in a Large saucepan- and saute until bacon is cooked and the Onions become golden brown.
- Add the Dry Rice and cinnamon and saute for a minute or two. Add the cup of wine and allow to cook and absorb some.
- Next add the rest of the water gradually (Mix in the bouillon if using).. Allow to cook down before adding more- stay near the pot and stir often. I needed roughly 4 cups to get the risotto to the consistency that I liked- however feel free to use more or less. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To Serve- Plate the risotto and top with roasted squash.
For a Creamy Risotto try addingin the place of one of the cups of water. If you want to get fancy try using this base to make Risotto Cakes. If you desire to make more risotto the liquid to rice ratio is 3 to 1.