If you love Pumpkin Pie.. this recipe will change your life! This Ice Cream is Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice Free.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 2 cups Mimiccream
- 1 cup Fresh pumpkin puree or canned
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sherry or Bourbon (optional!)
This Ice Cream Taste similar to delicious Pumpkin Pie filling- only better. Wayyy better- it has a creaminess that cant be beat! Serve it with Apple Pie or try topping it with maple syrup and toasted walnuts, Pecans or Dried Cranberries.
- Combine the Pumpkin and Vanilla. Cover and place in the fridge.
- In a sauce pan combine 1 1/2 cups of the Mimicream and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. In a Separate bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup of mimicream, remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Salt and Egg yokes. Mix well.
- Turn on a burner to medium low. Heat up the mixture in the saucepan until it begins to bubble around the edges. At this point slowly begin to add the Milk-Egg Mixture whisking all the while. Continue to whisk as the mixture thickens to a custard. Once it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon it is ready (Think slightly thinner than pudding)
- Remove from heat and slowly mix in the pumpkin/vanilla.
- Cover the pumpkin Custard with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- The following day.. Place the custard into the ice cream bowl and let it churn. Add in the Bourbon or Sherry. Depending on your ice cream machine the length of time it will take may differ. Using my Cuisinart Ice cream Maker- it took roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Store the Ice Cream in the Freezer!