Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Rice/Corn/Grain Free and Vegan! Super healthy crepes to start your day off just the right way!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/3 Cup Raw Agave Nectar (Or other sugar of your choice)
- 1 TBS Flax Meal
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum (Or Guar Gum is you need to avoid Corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups Dairy Free Milk (I used Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 6 Medium Ripe Pears Sliced (Removing the skins is optional- I left mine intact)
- 1 Inch Fresh Minced Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Raw Agave Nectar (Or other natural Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
This recipe has participated in this weeks Slightly Indulgent Tuesday event.
This is an incredibly Healthy Breafast- that I just had too much fun making this morning for my husband and I. I find it absolutley enchanting that Crepes CAN be made without eggs. I exchanged the egg for Flax Meal.. How much healthier can you get?
The Filling in interchangeable of course. I just happened to have ripe pears available to me this morining- so thats what I went with. The one VERY important thing you must know here though is that you are going to want to use a really nice non-stick cooking surface for these little crepes- otherwise you will not have crepes- you will just have broken remains. The other thing very important here- is that you have to be a little bit patient and let them cook longer before going to flip them. When you make crepes with Eggs- it binds the flours together at a quicker pace. I ruined the first 3 crepes I made from the batch this morning due to my impatience. Cook them over a nice medium heat and allow a good minute before you make the first initial flip. Your patience will pay off!
- In a Mixing Bowl Combine all of the Crepe Ingredients and Whisk together well.
- Slightly Oil a Non Stick skillet and turn to medium Heat. Allow it to heat it just slightly. Pour 1/4- 1/2 Cup of Crepe Batter into the pan and swirl the pan around so that the batter spreads evenly and thinly across the pan into a circle. Cook the crepe for a minute or longer and then gently flip to cook the other side. (The other side will not take as long to cook!) Make all of the Crepes this way- cover and keep warm.
- Make the Filling: Wash and Slice all of your pairs (size of slices is up to you) Place Cut Pears Into a Sauce Pan with the Minced Ginger, Agave and Lemon Juice. Cook over medium heat for roughly 5 minutes until the pears are nice and soft. Remove from Heat.
- Fill Each Crepe with a the Pear Mixture and roll.
I served my Crepes with a Dollop of Non-Dairy Vanilla Coconut Yogurt. You could also add the Yogurt to the pears and make it part of the filling. Try this same recipe using apples instead!