Vegan Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Corn Free This No- Fail easy to make Pot Pie is the essence of Comfort Food and Fall!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 5 min
- 3 Carrots Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Can of Garbonzo beans Drained
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Potato
- 1 Cup of Chopped Butternut Squash
- 1/2 Cup of Peas
- 1 tablespoon Of Oil (of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Organic Better than Bouillon Condensed Chicken Stock (Use their No- Chicken Version if you are Vegan)
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch (Or Arrowroot, Potato or Tapioca Starch)
This No Fail easy to make Pot Pie is the essence of Comfort Food and Fall! This recipe is fun to experiment with. I’m providing a basic outline- but feel free to add more vegetables (Root vegetables are especially good here) or throw in some chicken (which I had been planning to do until I realized I didn’t have any in the freezer )
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare Pie Crust, cover and set aside. Try using my Gluten Free/ Vegan Basic Pie Crust. Using this recipe -if you roll the dough thin you will have enough for the top and bottom crust. If you like your crust thicker- double the recipe.
- In a pan Add the Oil and Saute The Carrots, Onion, Squash, Potato, and Spices. Cook until slightly softened add in the Garbonzo Beans.
- In a Separate Bowl mix the Condensed Chicken Stock,Water and Corn Starch. Pour into the pan with Vegetables and Bring to a gentle boil and allow it to thicken.
- Roll out and place pie crust in the Pie Pan. Pour in the Filling and Cover with second Pie Crust. Using a fork poke a few holes in the top crust to allow air circulation.
- Bake for 45 minutes until crust is Slightly Golden.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Try using Cookie cutters and cutting out fun shapes in the top crust before placing on pie!
This recipe has been submitted to this weeks Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.