Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice/Egg Free and Vegan. A Quick and Easy to make Light and Tasty Cornbread.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 cup Millet Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Corn Meal Flour
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Melted Earth Balance Butter (1 Stick)
- 1 1/4 cups Non-Dairy Milk (Any will do)
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3 teaspoons (dry) Ener-G Egg replacer (do not add water)
Its Chili Season- so therefore its cornbread season. I’m happy to share that Gluten Free Cornbread is Easy to make- and fast at that too- and the best part- screwing up this recipe is close to impossible! My husband was wild over this recipe- He said its lighter – and didn’t feel like a pound of bricks in his stomach after he ate it. That’s always a good thing right?
I opted to use Millet Flour. I love millet as a flour- and use it over Rice Flour in any recipe I think it will work in. But if you don’t have millet flour in the house- I’m pretty confident that Rice Flour will work in its place.
Another thing to note- if you need a lower fat version- you can cut back on the amount of butter by half- and replace it equally with additional Non Dairy Milk. (In other words 1 1/2 cups milk/ 1/4 Cup Melted Butter)
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- In a Bowl Combine Millet Flour, Cornmeal, Baking Powder, Salt, Xanthan Gum, and Egg Replacer.
- In a Separate bowl Combine the Honey, Melted Butter, Milk, and Vinegar and Mix well.
- Combine the Wet and Dry Ingredients. Spray an 8 by 8 pan (or a cast iron skillet) with Non- Stick Spray. Pour in mixture and bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm!
This recipe has been submitted to this weeks Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.