Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Corn Free and Vegan. Easy to make and delicious.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 3/4 cup Arrowroot or Tapioca
- 3/4 cup Rice Flour (You can use Brown or White Rice flour- or Millet Flour here)
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Melted Earth Balance Butter ( 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (1 Egg may be used instead if you are not egg free)
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (Or Guar Gum)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Small (individual) container of Dairy Free Plain Yoghurt (I used Coconut Yogurt)
- 1 cup Fresh Whole Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
Yummy and Moist! The tartness of the cranberries in this bread taste wonderful with. To make this recipe corn free use Coconut or another type of oil in place of the butter and use xanthan gum instead of the guar gum.
Unrefined granulated sugar can also be used here in place of the white sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour Loaf pan (you may use Rice, Millet or Sorghum Flour for this)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well! Begin with the dry ingredients and then mix in the wet (This cane be done in a stand mixer or with a hand blender) Fold in the Cranberries and Pecans Last.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 15 minutes or so – so that it may continue cooking.
- Serve! (this bread is wonderful for breakfast)
This bread freezes remarkably well. I like to slice it and allow it to cool completely before wrapping in and then placing it in a freezer safe bag.