Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice/Egg/Corn Free. And Vegan! This Bread is a Healthier Indulgence made with Whole Grain Flour!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 40 min
- 1 1/4 cups Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (Or Guar Gum if you are sensitive to Corn)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Dry Ener-G Egg replacer (omit the water)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar (Sucanat Sugar could also be used here! Or other Natural Sugar of your Choice)
- 1 Stick of Melted Earth Balance Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 8 tablespoons Organic Apple Sauce
- 1 can Organic Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I Love to use: Enjoy Life- Vegan Dairy/Nut/Soy Free Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
This Bread is Quick to throw together- With the added bonus of the health Benefits that come with Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatos are rich in Vitamin A(betacarotene) and Vitamin C. Both Vitamins A and C are powerful antioxidants that work in the body to remove free radicals. And- They are a great food for diabetics as they help stabilize blood sugar levels. For the Flour I selected to use Teff. Teff is loaded with Fiber and has more Protein than wheat. Not to mention that is has tons of calcium, thiamin and iron. Teff is one of my favorite Gluten Free Flours
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients. (Including spices)
- In a separate bowl- mix the wet ingredients- (butter, applesauce,Sweet Potato Puree and Vanilla extract)
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix really well. Pour in the chocolate chips and Chopped Pecans and fold in.
- Coat a bread pan with non-stick spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Allow to cool for a 15 minutes or so and then eat!
This Bread Freezes Well- If you want to do this make sure the loaf has fully cooled before wrapping it tightly and sticking it in the freezer!