How stinking cute are these cookies? Not only are they pretty buy they taste amazing. I was thrilled when my valentine came home last night and ate them all!
All you do is make shortbread cookies and then put a layer of jam in between. If you want to make your life really easy buy a linzer cookie cutter.
Since I like to keep the glycemic index in my recipes really low I’m sharing today a simple cranberry jam recipe that can be made from scratch in about two minutes.
- Step 1: Make the Cookies. Use one of my 2 Sugar Free Shortbread Cookie Recipes. Both are Gluten/Grain/Egg/Dairy Free with a Paleo option. Cut half of the cookies with a circular shape and cut the other half with a heart (or another shape) cut out of the center.
- Step 2: (optional) take the tops of each cookie and dip them in powdered sugar. (To make your own powdered sugar simply wiz any granulated sugar of choice in a food processor or coffee grinder until powdered.) To make sugar free powder xylitol or erithritol.
- Step 3: Once the cookies have cooled place 1 tsp of jam between each set of cookies. Recipe yields roughly 1 dozen
Sugar Free Cranberry Jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup granulated sugar . (To make sugar free I use erithritol or xylitol.)
Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once cranberries have burst open use a potato masher and crust them until you end up with a thick jam.