Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Soy Free. Comforting with a slightly Spicy Kick. The meatballs will melt in your mouth.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 12 cups Water
- 1 cup Mimiccream
- 2 teaspoons Organic Better than Bouillon (chicken flavor)
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Butternut Squash
- 1 cup Organic Frozen Corn
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt and Pepper (or more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 (16 oz) can Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pound Ground Chicken or Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried (or fresh) Mint
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup Corn Masa Flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened Mimiccream
This Comforting and Yummy Soup is easy to make. The Chipotle Chili Powder is spicy- My husband and I cant handle much heat in food- but if you love it you can up the amount called for. You can use any other type of hot chili powder in its place. Feel free to add other vegetables- such as zucchini. or try adding a can of Black Beans. And of course you can use more or less of the vegetables I have called for.
I added the Mimiccream to this recipe last minute. I thought it rounded out the flavors of the soup just perfectly. If you eat Dairy you could use Heavy Cream here- or honestly the you could leave this ingredient out if you are trying to watch your calories. The meatballs you will find to be incredibly tender- they WILL melt in your mouth. Theis part of what makes them so wonderful- but again it can be left out. You could use any dairy free milk in its place. To bind these meatballs I selected Flax Meal- its works fantastic and I loved the thought that I was adding nutrition to the soup rather than cholesterol. The Meatballs can be whatever size you like- I rolled mine into TBS sized balls. If you have some fresh cilantro on hand try adding it to the meatballs.
- In a Large Pot combine Water, Bouillon, Diced Tomatoes with Juice, Chopped Onion, Corn, Chopped Carrots, Chopped Butternut Squash, and spices. Cover and bring to a gentle boil- allow to cook while you prepare the meatballs.
- In a bowl combine the Ground Turkey (or Chicken) Spices, Flax Meal, Masa Flour (the same type used to make tamales) Oil and Mimiccream. Roll the mixture into meatballs (the size is up to you) Drop the meatballs into the gently boiling pot of soup. Cover and cook until meatballs are fully cooked. (10-15 minutes to be safe)
- Pour in the Mimiccream and serve! This soup is delicious with crushed Blue Corn Chips served on top.
This soup could also be made in a crock pot!