An Intensely Flavorful Meal. This dish is Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg Free.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 20 min
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Zucchini finely diced
- 2 Bell Peppers finely diced (try doing a red and yellow)
- 5 Cloved of garlic Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Lean Turkey
- 1 cup Crushed Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 3/4 cup Organic Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (Plus 2 TBS)
Bobby Flay Gets ALL the credit for this one. I did not come up with this recipe and I’m not going to pretend that I did. Ive modified a few ingredients to make it GF/DF friendly but that’s about it. The fact is that this recipe NEEDED to be shared with all of you. Its unbelievably good. I’m not exaggerating. not even slightly. You WILL enjoy this one. enough babble lets get cooking..
Oh ONE more thing. If you cant eat Eggs. Use 1 TBS of ground Flax Meal plus 1 TBS water in the place of the egg.
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. In a Saute Pan heat the oil and add the Peppers and Zucchini. After a few minutes of sauteing add the garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Once veggies are almost cooked turn off burner and set aside to cool.
- Combine the Fresh Herbs and Egg in a bowl Add the Turkey, Rice Chex, and . 1/2 Cup Ketchup, 2 TBS of Balsamic and Veggies. Combine until just mixed. Add in an additional splash of salt. Handle as little as possible.
- Press the mixture into 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Combine the remaining ketchup and balsamic and sprinkle in a pinch of additional red pepper flakes. Brush this mixture over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 60-80 Minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into.
Try adding and experimenting with other veggies!