An EASY to make hearty Stew for all!
- Prep Time :
- Ready Time :
- 3 cups Dried Chickpeas
- 8 cups Water
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Condensed Chicken Broth (Better than Boullion)
- 5 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4-6 Organic Carrots (use as many as you want)
- 1 Bag of Organic Spinach
This is one of those Stews that you quickly throw into the crock pot- and when you return home hours later.. You get a rush of happiness as you smell this dish throughout your entire house. Oh and did I mention its easy- you literally just throw things in the pot and you are done. And then you eat a lot- because its just as easy to eat as it was to make You may have noticed already that I spice heavily.. I think many people are afraid of their spice rack. Get over this fear and start dumping.. you’ll end up with fragrant incredible flavor popping food. Ok here we go.
- Dump every ingredient into the crockpot except for the spinach. If you rather use canned beans and cook this in a soup pot in less time go ahead and do that! You’ll need about half as much water (and cook for maybe an hour) . And on another note- this recipe makes a nice big amount. If you are making it for just one- Id suggest cutting the recipe in half. If you are serving a family.. keep it as is.
- 6-8 hours later add the frozen spinach 30 minutes before serving.
If you are into Meat I highly suggest throwing some Organic Ground Turkey in! We did- mmmmm it was good. Experiment with your veggies- Almost any Root Veggie will do well in this dish. I especially suggest Parsnips. As you can see in my photo I threw in some peas. If you like things with some kick- try adding a bit of Red Chili Powder. Fresh Mint and Cilantro would also work well here. Serving this alone or over GF pasta, Rice or Quinoa. Whatever works for you!