This quick and easy meal has become a regular in our kitchen lineup. Perhaps more l a regular- I have made it 6 times in the past two weeks. Its delicious. Fresh, Healthy, has wonderful bright flavor and it comes together quick. One of my goals this year was to seriously up my fruit and veggie intake..and to learn how to cook my veggies less. I’m really not good about eating them raw.
The past year I took it upon myself to cut out the majority of soy out of my diet. Recently I discovered that Soy was triggering post nasal drip for me.. So here I go pushing it out even further. Most Asian dishes of course call for Soy Sauce. In the past I have used Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s (A Product I still think wins over gluten free soy sauce ANY day) But with this soy free quest- I needed to find something Different- so I brought home a new product called Coconut Aminos from the company Coconut Secret (Love them! And their Coconut Nectar as well) This Amino Sauce is nice.. its not as Salty or strong in flavor as Soy Sauce but it works. I often add just a little extra salt to the dish Im preparing. IF you eat soy.. use equal amounts of it and omit the Coconut Aminos. (and cut back on additional salt)
So here we go. The Key to a really good Stir-Fry is NOT overcooking the Vegetables. You want them Crisp Tender! Pre-chop everything before you start the cooking process and be ready to move quickly.
- 6 cloves FRESH Garlic Minced
- 2 Inches FRESH Ginger Minced
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1-2 Heads of Broccoli
- Large Handful Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 TBS Sesame Oil (For cooking)
- 2-3 Green Onions Chopped
Meat + Marinade
- 1 LB Sliced Organic Beef (I like using Cubed Steak)
- 1 Tsp FIsh Sauce (optional)
- 1 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tsp White Pepper (black pepper will also work)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tsp Fish Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Chicken Stock
- Combine your cut Beef and all of its marinade ingredients in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Cut up all of your vegetables- as well as the Garlic and the Ginger.
- In a Wok or Large Skillet Cook the Beef and its Marinade over medium high heat until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- If the pan is wet from the meat- wipe it down. and Pour in your 2 TBS of Sesame Oil. Turn the Stove back on to Medium High Heat. Add the Garlic and Ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Then in one minute Intervals add in the Broccoli, Pepper and Snap Peas. Cook this mixture no longer 3-4 minutes. Add back in the Beef and then pour in the “Stir Fry Sauce” Ingredients. Cook until the vegetables are just barely cooked and remove from heat. Stir in the Chopped Green Onion. Add Additional Salt to Taste.
I absolutely love eating this meal with Bean Thread Noodles. You can serve this with any variation of Asian Rice Noodle or Try Brown Rice or Quinoa. This Recipe is wonderful made with Chicken or Pork as well!
ps. DON’T forget to come back for this weeks Seasonal Sunday ( 01-16-11) There’s a giveaway this week- and it might have something to do with an entire box of Gluten Free/Vegan Chocolate Bars. (hint hint )