A Fresh and Healthy Thai Style Salad with a delicious slightly sweet and salty combination.
- Prep Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 Cup Unsalted Peanuts Chopped and Dy Roasted
- 1 Peeled and grated Jicama
- 1/2 Papaya Peeled/Seeded and grated
- 3 Carrots Washed and Grated
- Sesame Oil To Taste
- A Pinch Of Salt
- A squirt of Lime Juice
A quick salad to throw together to serve alone or to accomany another dish. This salad tastes excellent without the dressing I suggest served with my recipe for Gluten Free Peach-Curry Marinated Chicken with Coconut & Panko Crust.
I have a food processor with a blade that shreds for me- so this salad took me maybe 10 minutes to make. A good old fashioned grater will also do the job! This makes a big bowl- it will serve 4-6.
I recommend dressing the salad in your own bowl as I noticed everyone tends to like theirs a little different.
- Grate the Jicama, Papaya and Carrots. Absorb their excess liquid with a few papertowels and place into a large bowl.
- Chop peanuts and dry roast them in a pan for several minutes over medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add to the Salad The Sesame Oil, Salt, Lime Juice and top with Peanuts. (adjust flavors to your liking)
- Serve Chilled.