Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Soy Free. and Vegan! A delicious loaf of bread to serve with any Fall Meal.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 5 min
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Millet Flour
- 1/2 cup Sourghum Flour
- 2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Yeast (fast acting)
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water (barely above room temp)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg replace mixed with 2 Tbs warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
I cant take credit for this recipe. I really really wish I could. I battled Gluten free/Vegan bread for two weeks trying to create my own recipe- and couldn’t get a single loaf just the way I liked it. I’m STILL learning..
So I took a step back- and looked for some inspiration. And I found inspiration that knocked my socks off. Insert-. She is really that. I modeled this recipe after her AMAZING and beautiful Tomato-Garlic Focaccia.
This recipe is perfect the way it is- I made a few little changes based on the flours I had in my pantry and Added the Cranberries and Rosemary as I was looking to create a Fall Flavored Focaccia. But again the credit is all her’s- please take some time to look around her site. You wont regret it.
*please note in this recipe- if you wish to Omit the Rice Flour or simplify things you can double the Sourghum Flour Instead. You Can also use Also Double the Tapioca Flour and Omit the Arrowroot Flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a Large Bowl Combine Arrowroot , Tapioca Flour, Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Sourghum Flour, Xanthan, and Salt, Rosemary and Dried Cranberries. Combine Well.
- In a Separate Cup Combine the Warm Water, Yeast and Honey- allow the yeast to activate and begin to bubble. If this does not happen- either your water temp is too hot (and the yeast has been destroyed) or not warm enough. OR you yeast is old and no longer working. If this is the case- start over with a fresh batch of warm water/honey/yeast.
- Make a well in the Center of the bowl of flours- in the center pour the Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ener-G Egg replacer/water mixture and finally the bubbly yeast/honey/water mixture. Mix and then use your hands to kneed together. (pour some Olive Oil on your hands to prevent too much stickiness)
- Spray a Pie Dish (or jelly roll pan) with non-stick spray. Place the Dough into the dish and press down to create a perfectly round shape. Cover with a Towel and place above your warm stove. The heat coming from the stove will aid in helping the bread rise. Allow to rise- covered 25- 30 minutes. Once risen it will have doubled in size.
- Place risen focaccia into the oven and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30minutes – 1 hour. DO NOT cut open- as it needs this time essentially to continue cooking all the way through. (If you cut it open right away you may find your bread is still doughy)
Making Gluten Free/ Egg Free Bread can be tough! Focaccia is a great place to start as it does not need to rise much as other breads. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!