Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice/Corn/Egg Free and Vegan Pasta. A delicious and easy to work with dough!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Millet Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 3 teaspoons Dry Ener-G Egg Replacement (do not add the water called for on the box)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Organic Applesauce
- 1 tablespoon Oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
I am pleased to Introduce the FIRST Gluten Free Millet pasta around. Vegan and Gluten free homemade Pasta is possible! When putting this recipe together I thought maybe I was attempting something silly- but it worked and I couldn’t be more pleased to share this recipe with each of you.
This Recipe is similar to my Non- Vegan Version of(the other version contains Eggs) It will hold together surprisingly well and can also be rolled through a Hand Crank Pasta Machine- though do this tenderly and do not roll it out too thin. When rolled through the crank the dough may not look perfectly uniform- but once cut this will not matter. Or simply roll out and cut by hand. This Dough works beautifully for lasagna, Ravioli, or Tortellini. If you make extra you can freeze before cooking or keep in the fridge for 1 week.
- Combine the Tapioca Flour, Millet Flour, Salt, Xanthan Gum, and Dry Egg Replacer. Mix well
- Make a well in the center and add the Applesauce, Oil and Water. Kneed until the dough comes together into a non-sticky ball.
- Very Gently Crank through a pasta machine or roll out and cut by hand.
- Bring Water to a Boil and add extra Salt and Oil. Add the cut pasta to the boiling water.
- This Pasta cooks Fast- remove after maybe 2 minutes. If you overcook the pasta it may become gooey.
If you are intolerant to Tapioca Starch Flour- Try using equal parts of Potato Starch Flour instead.