Ever had Buffalo Chicken Wings? Being a upstate New Yorker its something I see on many restaurant menus. I live about an hour from Buffalo where the recipe originated.
My husband is a huge fan of Franks Red Hot. Just like the commercials..he puts that Sh*t on everything. I never really liked it.. until I mixed it with butter. YUM!! And guess what.. that’s all Buffalo Wing sauce is.. Red Hot + Butter. Which makes this pizza crazy simple to make.
Many people like to dip their wings in Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing. You couldn’t get me to come near blue cheese with a ten foot pole.. but ranch I once loved. I’ll be working on a creamy dairy free ranch dressing in the near future and posting it here.
I created a NEW pizza crust too (Its pictured above!) .. this new one is EXTRA Crispy. I’ll be sharing that portion of the recipe tomorrow.
For today you can pick from my other already posted (and super delicious) grain free crust recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Topping:
- 1 lb of chopped chicken breast or thighs cooked in butter or oil.
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Butter (Regular Butter OR , Goat’s Butter or Ghee.)
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp of Franks Hot Sauce (adjust amount pending how “hot” you want your sauce. taste as you mix).
- 1/8- 1/4 Tsp of Xanthan or Guar Gum. (adjust amount pending how thick you want your sauce)
- Cheddar Cheese (We used Raw Sharp Cheddar from Trader Joes. Cheese may be used instead for Dairy Free).
- Par-bake your pizza crust. Meanwhile chop and cook your chicken in a little butter or oil in a saucepan until it has cooked through.
- Mix your sauce: In a small bowl whisk together the Butter, Franks and Xanthan (or guar gum). The xanthan is acting as a thickener here so that the sauce is not quite so “watery”. If you do not want to use the xanthan it can be left out or your could heat the sauce in a skillet with a little tiny bit or starch and whisk until thick (Potato, Arrowroot or Tapioca. If I were to do this I would probably use roughly 1/4- 1/2 tsp of starch).
- Once sauce is ready mix it with your chicken and evenly spoon the chicken and sauce over your par-baked crust. Cover with several cups of cheddar cheese.
- Place pizza back in oven (following the temperature directions provided in the crust recipe) and bake until the cheese has melted. *Note: If using real cheese the broiler comes in handy to speed up the melting process. If using DO NOT use the broiler as the cheese will burn- its best to let it slowly melt with the regular oven setting.
For those of you with a severe corn allergy please take the following info into considerdation- Franks was contacted and provided the following info: The vinegar in Frank’s® RedHot® Sauces is derived from the acetic fermentation of distilled ethyl alcohol. The alcohol used is fermented from natural grains including corn, wheat and sugar. The alcohol is tripled distilled to remove all protein.
- Ps. If you have a corn allergy please do a little research on franks before you consume. I do not have an allergy myself and do ok with small amounts of grains in products (like for instance some baking powder brands contain cornstarch) . Just please, don’t feed me a bowl of rice.
- Also- I wanted to mention that other brands of hot sauce should taste great too! We just happen to always have Franks in house!