These DELICIOUS Gluten/Dairy/Soy Free Pancakes are dessert for Breakfast!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Sucanat Sugar (Or Brown Sugar)
- 3/4 cup Almond, Rice or Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Walnut Oil (any other oil will work as well)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs- gently beaten
- 2 cups Finely Grated Carrot
These Pancakes were FUN to make. I tried them with 2 different flour mixes and had Better success with the Bisquick gluten free baking mix. Now.. I must be honest with you- the use of carrots in this recipe is of course a healthy choice- But the Bisquick baking mix is made of white rice flour . I typically do NOT promote the use of anything heavily refined. . I’ll be working on this recipe further to create an easy to use brown rice flour mix to up the healthy factor. Stay Posted!!
- In a Large bowl combine the flour mix, toasted walnuts, baking powder, spices,sugar,and shredded carrots. Mix well.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine the Walnut Oil, Milk of choice, Vinegar, Eggs and whisk together.
- Pour the Wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan with non-stick spray or light oil. Pour pancakes one by one- cook low and slow! In other words cook over a medium Low heat and give them a little extra time to do their thing. I typically flip them once I see they have bubbled a fair amount. Do not make these pancakes too large as they are not as sturdy (Unless of course you are an expert pancake flipper) depending on your heat level- these pancakes take around 5 minutes to fully cook.
- Cover and keep warm until serving.
Serve these pancakes with Maple Syrup or do what I did. Mix some Molasses and Meltedwith a little cinnamon into a serving dish. Drizzle mixture onto warm pancakes.