- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (Other Oil may be used)
- 1 large Onion
- 5 clove Fresh Garlic (2 TBS of dried may be used instead)
- 1 piece Grated Ginger Fresh, 3 inches
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 1 TBS + I Tsp Salt
- 1 pound Organic Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Frozen Organic Peas
- 2.5 pounds Peeled Potatoes
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (May use crushed Rice chex cereal)
- 2 Large Eggs
- Additional coconut oil (for shallow frying)
- Peel and Boil your potatoes until fork tender then mash them up add 1 Tbs of salt.
- Heat the oil and fry the Onion over medium heat until translucent. Add fresh ginger and garlic, salt, dried coriander and dried cumin. Enjoy the aroma! Then add your Fresh cilantro and Mint.
- Add ground Beef and peas and fry until the meat is cooked. Give it a taste and add further salt if needed- the flavors should pop! (Remember that the potatoes will absorb much of the flavor.)
- Get a big spoon and plop a mound of mashed potatoes into the palm of your hand. Flatten it into a patty. Add a smaller spoonful of meat mixture to the center. Gather the sides together and enclose the meat. Mold it slightly if need be to make it round.
- Dip the Cakes in the beaten egg, then in your gluten free breadcrumbs or crushed rice cereal. Chill in the fridge for roughly 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the cakes until crisp and golden brown. Place on a paper towel to drain oil.
These can be served as a side dish to your favorite curry, eaten with any chutney, served alongside a salad or as an appetizer. Play with the size of the Cakes to best suit your meal. Enjoy!