Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Rice Free and Vegan. Easy, Light and healthy dinner roll to go with any meal!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 1/2 cup Sourghum Flour
- 1/4 cup Teff Flour
- 1 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (Omit water called for on package)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds + 3 TBS warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or Honey
- 1 Packet of Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Oil
I have been on a mission to come up with a quick and easy dinner roll recipes that was actually healthy! I selected Teff for boost in protein and Fiber- and Selected Arrowroot as it is the easiest starch to digest! In fact some report that it soothes the stomach. If you have a stomach as fragile as mine- arrowroot IS the way to go!
These couldn’t be easier to throw together. You can use fancy Rings to place the rolls in to rise- but for times sake I just threw my bread dough into muffin tins. The bread dough itself is too wet to shape into perfect little balls or twists. If your dough is firm enough to hold a specific shape- then you screwed up the recipe and your going to end up with hockey pucks. (which if you do this- don’t feel bad- Ive made hundreds of hockey pucks in many shapes and sizes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl or glass combine warm cup of water, sugar and Yeast. Set aside and allow to froth and Bubble (and activate) if it does not do this- your yeast is dead or your water temp was too hot and killed it)
- In another small bowl combine the Chia seeds and 3 Tbs of warm water- set aside and allow it to thicken slightly into a gel.
- In a Large Bowl Combine Sorghum, Teff , Arrowroot, baking powder, Salt, and Egg Replacer.
- Once the yeast has been “growing” for several minutes- pour it in with the flour mix, pour in the Chia Gel and Add the Vinegar and Oil.
- Mix really well! Place equel sized portions into a nonstick muffin tin (or one sprayed with non- stick spray)
- Place the filled muffin pan on top of the stove where it is warm from the pre-heated oven. Cover with a towel and allow to rise for 35-40 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool- the inside of the bread may be moist still when first pulled out of the oven. As it cools it will finish cooking.
This Recipe makes 8 Rolls- These rolls freeze well for another day!