Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice/Egg Free And Vegan! Delicious Asian Style noodles!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 cup Gluten Free Buckwheat Flour
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 tablespoons Flax Meal (ground flax seeds)
- 10 tablespoons Hot Water
- 2 tablespoons Organic Apple sauce
- 3 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 2 tablespoons (do not add water the box calls for)
- 4 tablespoons Oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
When I went Gluten Free- I assumed Buckwheat Soba Noodles would still be available to me. I soon found out this wasn’t the case- all buckwheat noodles on the Market right now- contain Wheat.
Its time that changed. Maybe you cant buy them at the store.. but now you CAN make them at home! Vegan and Gluten Free pasta dough has the reputation of falling apart. Usually you have to roll it out and cut it by hand. With my pasta recipes this will never be the case.
So in other words- process this dough as you would any other dough- put it through the hand crank pasta machine or roll it out if you don’t have a machine. Its handles beautifully no matter what you do to it!
- In a Large Bowl Combine the Buckwheat Flour, Tapioca Flour, Egg Replacer, Xanthan Gum and Garlic Powder.
- In a Cup Mix the Flax Meal and Hot Water and stir- allow to thicken.
- Kneed into the Flour Mixture the Flax Meal mixture, Oil and Apple Sauce to create dough.
- Process this dough through a hand Crank Pasta Machine- dust additional Buckwheat flour to the dough as needed to prevent sticking.
- Bring a Large Sauce Pan of Water to a Rapid Boil- Add 1 Tbs of Oil plus a dash of salt to the water. Throw in the noodles and cook roughly 15-20 seconds. Once the noodles rise to the top they are just about ready. Strain and rinse in cold water immediately. When these noodles are overcooked they become mushy- the cold water prevents this from happening.
- Serve with your favorite Meal! (I prefer eating them cold in a Soba Noodle Salad!) This pasta is on the more tender site- due to the fact that it does not contain eggs.