FINALLY. Real Sustenance is 100% fixed. Apologies for my spotty service the last week- It started on the day before Christmas Eve just as everyone was trying to log on and make recipes for the holiday. Basically, I reached my resource limit and needed to move to a new much larger dedicated server. Too much traffic is nothing to complain about- I’m so appreciative that so many of you continue to find yourselves here!
I figured I would kick off the new year with Chocolate Fondue. I don’t believe in diets, I believe in eating well year round. And yes, eating well can include dessert here and there.
I prepared for you today 2 chocolate base recipes. Pick whichever one works best for you! The first recipe is simpler and requires a bag of allergen free chocolate.The second recipe has more ingredients but can be made sugar free.
For those that cannot have nuts OR sugar try mixing together some cocoa powder, coconut oil + a little heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar (liquid or powdered-see note below to make sugar free powdered sugar) and a pinch of salt. (No, sorry I don’t have exact measurements to share today)
Chocolate Sauce option 1:
- 2 Cups Allergen Free Chocolate Chips (such as enjoy life).
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (For dairy free use Heavy Coconut Milk from a can OR MimicCreme. )
Chocolate Sauce option 2:
- 1 cup heavy cream ( For dairy free use Heavy Coconut Milk from a can OR MimicCreme.)
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder (more can be used if you wish)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Powdered or Liquid Sugar of choice to taste. (See note below)
- pinch of salt.
Salted Caramel Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Real Butter Or ) OR Coconut Oil.
- 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar or Sucanat.
- 2 1/2 Tbs Cream (For dairy free use Heavy Coconut Milk from a can OR MimicCreme)
- Course Sea Salt (to taste).
Recipes Notes and Substitutions:
- To make this recipe SUGAR FREE make your own powdered sugar using either xyltiol or erythritol. You can do this by processing it in a coffee grinder until it is powdery. For the stevia lovers: stevia tends to take bitter in chocolate- the one exception to this is Nunaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia, I use it in chocolate on occasion and think it may work as a sweetener option here too.
- Additionally, to make this recipe SUGAR FREE you’ll need to leave out the caramel.
- If leaving out the caramel try flavoring the chocolate in different and equally fun ways by introducing a little extract with the flavor of your choice to either chocolate recipe. You could use: Mint, Orange, Hazelnut, Cherry.. all of these extracts will taste amazing with the chocolate.