The ultimate comfort food with falls best flavors. This dish is Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg Free.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 pound Organic Chicken Breast or Thighs cut in the size of your preference
- 1 Organic Onion
- 3 Organic Carrots Chopped
- 3 Organic Stalks of Celery
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch (or Arrowroot if you are Corn Sensitive)
- 5 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Condensed Better than Boullion chicken stock
- 1 1/3 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 (15 oz) Can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg ( or use the Ener- G Egg replacer)
- 3 tablespoons Melted Earth Balance Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Growing up I always looked forward to my mothers Stew and Dumplings. The Dumplings especially. Knowing this you will not be surprised when you notice the Pumpkin Dumplings in this recipe swell to fill half of the pot As you might have picked up on.. I’m a pumpkin Fanatic! So here is my take on the classic dish with a little fall flare.. Enjoy!
- In a pot pour a TBS or so of your favorite cooking Oil. Place in the pieces of the Chicken and Saute slightly to create a lightly golden brown crust. Add The Chopped Carrots, Celery and Onion. Add the Garlic, Cinnamon, Cumin Salt and Pepper and Saute for roughly 10 minutes.
- In a Bowl mix the the water, Cornstarch and Chicken Bouillon and add to the Soup Pot. Stir continually as it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Turn heat down to a gentle simmer- cover and let it cook while you prep the dumplings.
- In a Bowl Combine the Bisquick, Can of Pumpkin, Nutmeg, Salt, Pepper, Melted Butter and Egg (or Energy Egg Replacement plus amount of water called for on box) Mix well.
- Using a Spoon plop piles of the dumplings side by side into the “stew” until all the mixture is in the pot. (Do not PILE the dumplings- ONLY side by side) Cover the pot and let the chicken and dumplings gently boil for 15 minutes. Do NOT remove the lid during this time.
- Serve it up!