Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Rice Free. The BEST chili on Earth.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 5 cups Water
- I package of Organic Ground Beef (around 1 lb)
- 1 Small Cans of Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 small Onion
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Aminos (or gluten Free Soy sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon Unrefined Salt (or more to taste)
- Fake- Chedder Cheese ( I like Daiya!)
- Chopped Onion for topping
- 1 Bag of Gluten Free Pasta
Cincinnati Chili (also known as Skyline Chili) Is SPECIAL. Think pasta sauce meets hot sauce meets chili. Cinnamon, Cumin, Chili Powder and Chocolate are the magical combination behind this Chili. The BEST and authentic way to eat it is over spaghetti covered in freshly chopped onion and shredded Cheddar Cheese. In my opinion this is the ULTIMATE football food. Make a ton and serve it to a crowd- You wont have ANY leftovers.
My Variation of the recipe is of course Gluten and Dairy Free. The recipe typically calls for Worcestershire Sauce- which usually contains Soy Sauce which contains Wheat.. I was able to remedy the dish without losing any of the GREAT Cincinnati flavor. A friend recently informed me that there is a Gluten And Soy Free option to Worcestershire. If you can get your hands on Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce – use this in the place of the soy sauce! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- In a Heavy Bottomed Soup Pot Combine the Ground Beef and Water, 1 chopped onion and Bring to a Boil- Stir Liberally to ensure the meat separates (you don’t want clumping)
- Add the Tomato Paste and all of the spices, cocoa powder, Salt, Vinegar, Liquid Aminos and Sugar. Cover and allow to boil Gently for 1 hour ( or as long as 3 hours). (the Longer it cooks the better the flavor) Stir every so often.
- In a Separate Pot= boil water and Cook Pasta.
- Chop the Onion(s)
- When Serving- Cover Spaghetti with the Chili. Sprinkle the Cheese and Onions on Top!
Try Cooking this In the Crock Pot! Some People enjoy topping their Chili with Kidney Beans. Im not a fan- but you might be