Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Soy Free and Vegan.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 Stick Earth Balance Butter Softenend (1/2 cup or 8 TBS)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer + 1 TBS Water (mixed together)
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sweet Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- Finely Chopped Almonds (try Pulverizing in a food processor)
These gorgeous cookies came straight from my mothers recipes collection. I grew up on these. and I loved them. every year. The only difference was that her version did not contain Chocolate and- of course this is their first Christmas Gluten/Dairy and Egg Free! (and Soy free if you use theSoy Free variation of butter) I would recommend doubling the recipe- they are good- if I say so myself. You Can freeze these cookies for several months.. how great is that?
I hope they bring as much holiday happiness as they always have for my family to yours. Cheers to the holiday Season!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the Bowl of a stand mixer (or just an old fashioned large bowl) Combine the Softened Butter, Sugar and Cocoa Powder, Salt and Vanilla
- Combine the Ener-g Egg replacer and the Water and combine it in with butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix in the Sweet Rice, Arrowroot Flour and Xanthan Gum.
- Scoop out TBS of Cookie dough and roll each into a ball- roll the ball in the finely chopped almonds. Place on a cookie sheet and press into each cookie with your thumb. Fill each indentation with roughly 1 teaspoon of Jam.
- Bake the cookies 20 minutes- pull out of the oven and allow them to cool.
Though I have not tried it myself- Im confident in saying that I think that you could Use Millet or Regular Rice Flour in the Place of the Sweet Rice Flour.
These *Extra* Gorgeous Photos were taken by the very talented-