The ULTIMATE fall comfort food. This recipe is a keeper. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Vegan and Vegetarian.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 12 cups Water
- 2 cups Dried Mansoor Dal -split red lentils (Other lentils may be used)
- 3 cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 Butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 large Chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Condensed Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
This Soup is the Ultimate Fall Comfort Food. My Husband request this soup EVERY weekend in the chilly months of fall and winter- You’ll quickly understand why!
This Soup can be made Vegan by using Better Than Bouillons Faux condensed Chicken Stock. For the Meat Lovers Organic Chicken thigh cutlets are a fantastic addition. The Mansoor Dal Lentils can be found ator at ANY local Indian Grocery Store. These Lentils are small, a pinkish/red Color and they cook FAST.
- Combine in a Large Soup Pot the water, condensed chicken Stock, Curry Powder, Garlic Powder,Pepper, Rinsed Lentils, Chopped Squash, Chopped Onion and Carrots. Start By adding at least 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Cover and Let it work its magic at a gentle boil for 1 Hour. Stirring more towards the end of this cooking time as the lentils tend to collect at the bottom of the pot and may stick.
- Do a taste test throughout the cooking process- if the flavor is bland add additional salt. If you Love the curry Flavor add more powder.
- This Soup is Fantastic pureed or chunky. If you would like it pureed use a hand mixer or transfer to your blender. Feel free to adjust the thickness of the soup to your liking by adding more or less water.
To add a little bit more fall zest- I like sprinkling Roasted Pumkin Seeds on top. You will notice this soup will taste even better the second day as leftovers! Enjoy