This snack is high in fiber and exploding with flavor. You will never use bagged popcorn again.
- Prep Time :
- Ready Time :
- 2 tablespoons Refined Walnut Oil
- 1/2 cup Popcorn Kernels
- Canola oil non-stick spray (Olive oil non-stick spray can also be used)
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Dill
- Freshly Ground Pepper
For this Recipe I prefer Spectrum Expeller Pressed Refined Walnut Oil . This Oil is able to sustain heat up to 400 degrees. It is Naturally refined and contains a good fatty acid profile. This oil is also not hydrogenated. If you do not have possession of this oil opt for Coconut or Grapeseed.
- Pour Walnut Oil and Popcorn kernels into a heavy bottomed soup pot with a lid. Turn heart on to medium
- Within a few minutes the popcorn will begin to pop- shake the pot back and fourth until all popcorn has popped.
- Remove lid and spray with Canola oil Spray and begin to shake on Garlic,Dill, Salt and Pepper.
- Liberally Shake the pot and allow the coated popcorn to fall to the bottom- re-apply Canola oil and spices. Repeat until all popcorn is covered and flavored.
Try experimenting with other dried spices and or nutritional Yeast for a cheesy nutty flavor.