Roasting Carrots brings out the very best in them. Call these "Fancy French Fries" and your kids wont have time to chew.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 1 pound Carrots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Zest of One Large Orange (lemon Zest may be used)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice up the carrots however you please. Use a Mandolin for fancier cuts.
- In A shallow baking dish add Carrots, Coconut Oil, Spices, and orange Zest. Make sure the fries are spread out.
- Bake for 45 minutes- stirring and moving about every so often.
- Turn on the broiler and Toast the fries for 10 minutes. Don’t be scared if you see a little burning- this taste wonderful!
Try this recipe with Parsnips for a little variation.