Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg Free and Vegan. The perfect healthy (and YUMMY) breakfast to start the day!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour (Or Millet Flour)
- 1 cup Arrowroot
- 1/2 cup Teff Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (use dry without water)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Ginger (Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Black strap Molasses
- 1/4 cup Oil (I used Walnut Oil)
- 1/4 cup Organic Applesauce
- 2 cups Warm Non Dairy Milk (I used Almond)
- 5 tablespoons Flax Meal
Making Pancakes Egg Free Can be a challenge- but its usually very possible compiled with a little patience. but waffles.. tough. Very tough. Making a batter that will actually hold together and not turn into a goo-ey mess in your waffle maker may seem close to impossible.
I scoured the web before putting together this recipe- and saw very very little in regards to egg and Gluten Free Waffles- so I felt even deeper a burning desire to make this happen. And to my Luck- they turned out perfect on my first try!
We LOVE these waffles. Not only are they delicious but they are also healthy! Imagine that I selected Teff which is a protein powerhouse, Brown Rice Flour which is great for Fiber and Arrowroot as it is the easiest starch to digest. Whenever I make them Ill double the recipe and then freeze them. They are awesome toasted in the morning. These waffles are pretty filling- each batch will make 8-10 large waffles (depending of course on the size of your waffle maker)
- Turn on Waffle Maker so that it begins to heat up.
- In a Measuring cup combine slightly warm Non-Dairy milk and Flax meal. Stir and set aside- allow to thicken.
- Combine in a Large Bowl the Rice Flour, Arrowroot, Teff Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Egg Replacer, Ginger and Xanthan Gum and Brown Sugar- Mix well.
- Pour in to the Bowl the thickened Milk. Vinegar, Molasses, Oil, and Applesauce. Make sure all ingredients are combined well. Id suggest using a kitchen Aid or hand mixer.
- Pour batter into waffle maker and cook 3-5 minutes. Serve!
These waffles are naturally pretty soft. If you want a crispier waffle toast them briefly before serving.