Gluten/Dairy/Egg Free and Vegan. A Quick and Fun Fall Muffin Recipe!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Pulverized Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Stick Melted Earth Balance Butter
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Organic Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Peeled and Chopped Pear (roughly 2 large pears)
I have had half a box of Gluten Free Bisquick sitting in my pantry for a few months- last night as I was cleaning out and organizing my cupboards I decided it was time to use the Bisquick. While it is a fantastic working flour mix- and in a pinch it makes things really easy- to be honest I’m just not really interested in using baking mixes anymore. Baking mixes are a wonderful thing when you are in a rush. They are also a surefire way to increase your chances of having a positive outcome when experimenting with converting a recipe to gluten free. BUT- I found using a baking mix was hindering my learning process.
But anyways- the point is- I had this Flour mix- it needed to get used. So this is what I made Its an easy muffin recipe- If you are sensitive to oats- you can use additional Bisquick instead. I want to tout this recipe as being soy free- but to be honest I’m not sure that Bisquick is Soy Free- I need to double check this evening.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Place cupcake Liners in Muffin tin or Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a Bowl Mix the Bisquick, Pulverized Oats (use a food processor to pulverize the oats), Salt, Sugar, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Xanthan Gum and Lemon Zest.
- Pour in Melted Butter, Apple Sauce, and Vinegar. Mix well.
- Gently Stir in Chopped Pear.
- Fill 16 Muffin Cups- Fill almost to the top of each cup- these muffins do rise- but not significantly.
- Bake 25 minutes- or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins would take fantastic with an Oat Streusel. I To do this Slightly Pulverize Some Oats and Mix with some softened Butter, Sugar and Cinnamon. Sprinkle the Streusel on top of the muffins before baking.
These can be frozen and thawed out as you want to eat them !