Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice/Egg/Corn Free. And Vegan! This moist and tasty version of Pumpkin Bread is made with highly nutritious Teff Flour.
- Ready Time :
- 1 1/4 cups Teff Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons (dry) Ener-G Egg replacer (omit the water)
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick of Melted Earth Balance Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 5 tablespoons Organic Apple sauce
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life- Vegan Dairy/Nut/Soy Free Chocolate Chips)
Though Chocolate Chip Pumpkin bread can hardly be thought of as healthy- my version trades out the refined white rice flour for something much better..Teff Flour! Teff is loaded with Fiber and has more Protein than wheat. Not to mention that is has tons of calcium, thiamin and iron. I’m a big fan!sells a fantastic Teff flour- which is what I used for this recipe. oh.. speaking of THIS recipe. Its yummy! Super moist, just the right amount of spice and the chocolate takes it over the top. This recipe makes one loaf- though you might want to double it if you have a family of more than 2 as it wont last long!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl- mix the wet ingredients- (butter, applesauce,Pumpkin and Vanilla extract)
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix really well. Pour in the chocolate chips and mix in.
- Coat a bread pan with non-stick spray and pour in the (slightly thick) batter.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then eat!