This Recipe Contains Egg! Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Rice Free. Delicious Asian Style noodles!
- Ready Time :
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Water
When I went Gluten Free- I assumed Buckwheat Soba Noodles would still be available to me. I soon found out this wasn’t the case- all buckwheat noodles on the Market right now- contain Wheat.
Its time that changed. Maybe you cant buy them at the store.. but now you CAN make them at home! Gluten Free pasta dough has the reputation of falling apart. Usually you have to roll it out and cut it by hand. With my pasta recipes this will never be the case.
So in other words- process this dough as you would any other dough- put it through the hand crank pasta machine or roll it out if you don’t have a machine. Its handles beautifully no matter what you do to it!
If you are Intolerant/ Allergic to Eggs or Are a Vegan. Try my Vegan/ Gluten Free Buckwheat (Soba) Noodles Recipe instead!
- In a Large Bowl Combine the Buckwheat Flour, Tapioca Flour, Xanthan Gum, Garlic Powder and Salt.
- Make a well in the center- and add the Eggs, Oil and Water.
- Mix together and then kneed to make dough.
- Process through pasta machine- or roll out by hand. Dust in additional Buckwheat flour as needed to prevent sticking. (I prefer to keep the noodles somewhat thick- as they have more bite)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil- add a dash of oil and salt. Cook the noodles roughly 1 minute. Strain and rinse under cold water! Store in the fridge with a little bit of oil to keep the noodles from sticking to one another.