Asparagus with a crunch and asian flavor!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1/4 cup Veganaise (Or other Mayo substatute)
- 4 teaspoons Rice Vinegar divided
- 3 teaspoons Braggs Liquid Aminos divided (Or Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Fresh grated ginger divided
- 1 cup Finely Crushed Rice Chex cereal
- 1 pound Asparagus (spears trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons Asian Sesame Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Sucanat Sugar (Brown Sugar may be used)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
This recipe comes from Epicurious.com. My variation of course is Gluten and Dairy Free.
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees.
- In a casserole dish whisk together 1 Tsp rice vinegar, Vegenaise, 1 tsp Liquid Aminos and 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- In another Casserole dish Mix together crushed Rice Chex and Sesame seeds.
- Dip the Asparagus in the Wet mixture and cover well. Then roll in the Rice Chex mixture
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 TBS Sesame Oil. Roast until Brown- 15-20 minutes. Turn once halfway through.
- Meanwhile In a clean bowl make the Soy-Ginger sauce. Mix:
- 1 tsp water,
- 1 tsp Sucanat (or Brown Sugar)
- 1/4 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 3 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Liquid aminos
- 1 tsp Fresh Chopped Ginger
- 1 TBS Sesame oil
Drizzle Sauce and A dash of salt over roasted Asparagus and ENJOY!